Sunday, February 15, 2009

Go



If i had another lifetime or so to spare, i'd spend it on Weiqi.

I like its absolute freedom, its vast universe where every step feels like discovering a new star. No other board game comes close in this aspect.

I can still remember the game i played in the Interhall Games, against a Vietnamese player! It was thoroughly thrilling and my heart throbbed with every move. It was the first time i felt moves flowing into my head, magically playing out themselves. An experience almost... automatic and surreal. The excitement of playing against a competitive stranger really makes me feel alive.

Well, haven't had that feeling for awhile. Jingyi (above) is better than me by quite a margin, damn lol. Hopefully i can spar more with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment