Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Update

Merry, merry Xmas!!

Well, it's been some time since my last update. I'm nearing the end of my first rotation, and looking forward to some exciting things coming up! Next month I'll be heading to Bangalore, India, for the mega project I'm on, plus I'm raring to fight for my next rotation, be it in Shanghai or Saudi Arabia!

It seems time really flies when you're busy, and that's what I have been doing so far, keeping myself occupied with work, community service, and meeting up with friends. Work-wise, I have had some great opportunities come my way, such as taking over a project leadership role from my best bud Rich, who just returned to the States.

Will definitely miss him as a friend and a mentor...

Work life has been a blast for me so far. Every so often, there's something interesting brewing up. A couple of examples...

Brought a couple of Japanese colleagues out to Geylang for supper during company training!

Dressed up as Elvis in a very, very entertaining DnD 
Being part of the yearly stocktake @ raw materials warehouse

As usual, I have been whiling away free time on weekends with various community work groups, trying out everything from environmentalism to family service centers.

 @ Bottletree park doing farmwork and nature meditation with Ground-up Initiative

Bringing a lively family out to Jurong Birds Park for a Family Day treat
I am still searching for a 'sanctuary' where I'd feel that I truly belong. A cause that resonates with my beliefs, and calls me passionately to action. Still, I am enjoying every step of the journey, immersing myself within the different silos of society and understanding the world around me better, one experience at a time.



Being out of uni means extra effort to stay in touch with valued friends... and that's something I try to work on too.


Plus I have been hanging out with our camp rainbow group, who have been helping me out on many areas..
e.g. doing a looks makeover, having sleepovers @ mau's place, a batam trip etc..

And of course, in a two-weeks long trip to the US early this Sept, I squeezed in a couchsurfing trip in Chicago, attended GS' wedding as a groomsman, and even drove up near New York to my company's US Office to spend the day networking and exploring the facilities! Lemme see if I can work out a detailed post later on.


Regardless, the world didn't end on 21st Dec 2012, and life moves on as usual. I'm looking forward to fresh experiences, new insights and everything life has to offer next year.

Till then, it's Merry Christmas ~
“Christmas, my child, is love in action."
― Dale Evans Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment