Sunday, July 6, 2008

Night safari outing

A nice fun outing with the fellow eyeballs~

My driving is absolutely terrible after a month's hiatus. Went to fetch Yz from Tampines, then sped down TPE/SLE to Mandai Road. "Turn right at Mandai Rd, turn left at Mandai Lake Rd." Wrote that on one of my brain cells. Finally, Night Safari!

Met up with everyone else and the kids! It's great to see them again. I really seemed to have slimmed, even Winnie and Doris exclaimed. Something about my cheeks and chin. I think only women notice, like my mum.

Sadly after a month of bargaining and seeking cheap prices, i barge into one of the ultimate tourist traps in SG. A plate of fried kway teow is $16. A burger meal is $13. WTF! Yes i have eaten. I am satiated, glutted, stuffed, thank you very much. Sometimes i think they forget that i'm a poor student just out of NS and completely broke.

Well night safari just isn't as fun to adults anymore. It's been, say, ten years now. We look at exhibits of all sorts of nocturnal animals. Porcupines, civets, leopards, boars, crocodiles, otters. The bat enclosure was really nice, seeing them scoot above our heads or feeding on fruits on the trees. And the tiger was really tiny, even smaller than the leopard! It's supposed to be the biggest cat in the jungle but guess you don't need to when you're fed Friskies or Whiskas every day.

But it was fun with the kids. Rachel understands my jokes. Xiaowei keeps laughing and sajiaoing. And the boys still run and fool around like a hyperactive bunch of ... gas molecules. Haha well it felt nice for a change.

It's getting late. I'd better sleep before i start thinking too much.

Well, nitez.

No comments:

Post a Comment